Friday, November 4, 2011

6,525 words

Good morning!

Thank gawd it's Friday. I feel that TGIF in the very marrow of my bones. One more day of working all day and writing half the night then I get to sleep in. Wow, am I looking forward to that.

I knew fitting Nanowrimo into my schedule was going to be hard on this old bird and I was right. The writing itself isn't hard – it's the pervading fatigue that's hard. Oh well. Enough whining. I get to sleep in tomorrow. I'm looking forward to writing in the daytime, not sitting hunched over my laptop until after 10 o'clock at night, then lying sleepless staring at the ceiling, too wound up and senseless to fall unconscious.

When I did sleep last night, man, did I sleep. I had the weirdest dream, too. I dreamt my friend, Vic, was trying to talk some sense into me about something. (Probably Nanowrimo!) Obviously I wasn't listening so, to get my attention, she threw water in my face. When that didn't work, she poured a pot full of cold Campbell's Chunky Chicken Soup on my head.

Oh. Talk about gross. It was slimy and, yes, chunky and you could have eaten the potato pieces off my head with a fork. I was SO MAD in my dream. There was soup all over the house! Soup pieces in the bathtub as I tried to clean up. Soup in my parents' bed (don't ask me why it was my parents' bed - hopefully this wasn't a Freudian dream). I had to strip their bed and wash it, wash the floors, wash my clothes. I woke up pissed off and exhausted from all the work.

Wait'll I see that Vic. She's in BIG trouble.

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget to ask her what the point was she was trying to drive home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird dreams or not, you're doing fabulous with the word count! Keep going, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delores, I think she was trying to say that Chunky Soup is so chunky you can eat it with your ear.

    Thanks Laura! I'm an Eno-wannabe, fer darned sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fun.
    I've been fighting a skin rash, news and film at 11, title: citiots and poison ivy, and have had the strangest dreams. OIY.
    I have wine. Not cooking dinner. Just gonna veg.
    You keep writing. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete

How's it going, eh? It's SO good to hear from you. Tell me every darn thing...