Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Really? Tonight?



So, it's only Wednesday night, too early to be worried about #fridayflash.
Because I always write flash on Thursday night. Don't you?
But then I realized I'm going camping tomorrow morning. To a place with no cell service and therefore no internet.
Huh, I said to myself.
Does that mean I have to write a story tonight?
But I haven't even got an idea yet... well, sort of an idea... but does an idea constitute an entire story?
Huh, I said to myself,
And hey, the American Idol results show is on tonight.
Can I write a story around the American Idol time frame?
Huh, I said to myself.
And I have to phone my mother and my kids before I go, because I won't be talking to them for four days. Can I phone my mother and my kids and watch American Idol and finish packing and write a story?
Hell, I don't know.
Well, actually I do.
I wrote one.
Whether or not it's worth a hill of beans is really up to you.
By the way, since I will be in the middle of nowhere, I won't be reading and commenting on any flash, either. I do promise I'll be back with clear eyes on Sunday night, ready to see what everyone is up to.
I hope I don't miss much.
I do hope that Lynda and Mark and CJ post a flash. Lynda is just new and Mark is almost new and CJ has been too busy working out to bother writing. But I do miss her stories and I hope she throws one into the ring.
I hope Mom finishes her quilt.
I hope the boys have a great weekend and do more than play video games.
I hope that Peggy has a wonderful writerly time in New York City. Lucky broad. And I also hope she wins that writing competition she's been busy with.
I hope Laura writes about Death and Chronos again.
I hope Laurita and Alan don't think I've been smoking something for writing weird comments on their blog and I sincerely hope Alan's dog is not dead.
I hope Kat gets over that mysterious and evil man she's been blogging about lately. Either that or he comes to his senses and gets back with that sexy woman.
I hope Deb writes lots of funny things about anal husbands and funny golden labs named Lucy.
I hope Lou and Carrie and Liz get feeling better. 
I hope Anthony gets to come out of the basement once in a while and John makes it out of the bathroom.
I hope Mark does well in his speaking engagement.
I hope Aaron makes out ok with all those pot-licking kids.
I hope everyone at work doesn't miss me too, too much, even though I am rather indispensable.
I hope Vic's key works. I hope Leah finds lots of typos in Jason's ads.
I hope the ants piss off.
And I most sincerely hope me and Dave catch lots of big fish.
Oh, I also hope he's not asleep yet.
Good-night everyone. Sleep tight. And don't let the bed bugs bite, ok?


6 comments:

  1. Now I'd call that a pretty damn good pre-#friday flash...

    Have fun on the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Cathy has a blast, wears poor Dave out, comes back fully charged, and ready to rumble. Lmao!

    Thank you, btw. I'm voting for "...he comes to his senses..." Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great prequel!Have a great camping trip. (this reminds me of my own head at 2 am). Peace...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you're high. It's all part of your charm.

    I hope you have a great time camping. I hope you catch lots of big fish. And I hope you tell us all about it when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness - what a list! I hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're having a great time amongst the trees and jumping fish and blackflies and stars!

    ReplyDelete

How's it going, eh? It's SO good to hear from you. Tell me every darn thing...